We work with partners to use environmental science to deliver solutions to catchment challenges
The Yorkshire Integrated Catchment Solutions Programme (iCASP) seeks to drive transformational environmental and social benefits in Yorkshire, and influence £1bn of investment by 2030. To achieve our vision, iCASP will:
- Continue to drive partnership working and embed innovation and cutting-edge environmental science into projects to shape sustainable integrated catchment solutions.
- Shape interdisciplinary approaches that benefit innovation around water, soils, climate, nature recovery and landscapes.
- Focus on Yorkshire while exploiting opportunities to drive broader change via national and international policy, regulator, business and NGO partners.
- Advocate for Yorkshire to receive national and international funding investment in world-leading catchment solutions.
- Through partnerships, enhance the value of investments in catchment solutions.
Plans for the future are to co-ordinate new regional funding bids, work on newly emerging priorities and progress exciting project ideas – so get in touch.
We bring together academics and experts from organisations active in catchment management to find ways to use existing environmental science more effectively in rural and urban areas.
Our 50 current projects focus on: reducing flood and drought risk; improving the resilience of cities to climate change; preserving valuable areas of peat in the moors; developing sustainable agriculture; and devising business cases for greening city developments and making more space for water.
iCASP has facilitated the growth of a strong and sustainable regional community to pioneer a more integrated approach to catchment management and develop knowledge and expertise to share nationally and internationally.
We work in partnership to come up with solutions that are an excellent investment with multiple benefits, widespread across the catchment. Supporting organisations to deliver transformational change, we have developed tools, strengthened businesses cases, help advocacy and influence the political agenda.